Netscape Cookies

| | Comments (0)
As noted in the previous journal entry, I figured it might take some work to get my SOAP script to work. I hate being right.

Apparently, when I created my Mozilla profile under Mac OS X, it used my existing one from Mac OS, and the MagicCookie file decided to use Mac OS newlines (CR) instead of Unix newlines (LF). So HTTP::Cookies expected local newlines, and failed reading the file. I was all set to send in a patch to Gisle, and then I decided to just try to change the newlines of that file to LF to see what happens. Sure enough, it works. Apparently Mozilla autodetects the newlines and then preserves them.

At least, it seems to work. If it fails at some point, I'll send in a patch.

Leave a comment

<pudge/*> (pronounced "PudgeGlob") is thousands of posts over many years by Pudge.

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt."

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by pudge published on June 18, 2002 1:39 PM.

Mac OS X Trials was the previous entry in this site.

TiBook Repairs is the next entry in this site.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.